Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Searching for inspiration.

I was thinking about topics I could write about here, but everything I came up with is already done better than I could do it. I was considering publishing quotes by famous people, but there are hundreds and thousands of sites that gather quotes... House design? IKEA hacks? Same. I can't write about cars, because even though I've had my drivers license for over two years, I do not want to drive nor do I want to own a car. Driving scares me. If I could avoid it in the future, I would. Luckily, I don't need a car yet. Without a job I wouldn't be able to pay for the gas or insurance anyway. Maybe in one and a half year, when I graduate from my medical university and go to work making use of my newly acquired education to earn a lot of money... Nah. I'm whining and ranting... I can't find a niche for myself! Maybe I'll write about how it sucks to suffer from avoidant personality disorder symptoms? (AvPD or APD, but the second acronym could be mistaken with Antisocial Personality Disorder) Huh? That could work actually. I've got so many situations were it kicks in and makes my life 10x harder. I could probably describe them, analyse them and maybe get some tips how to tackle these situations in the future.

9 comments:

  1. I sometimes have trouble trying to come up with topics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually sounds good, try to write something down ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what AvPD is, sounds like AvP (Alien vs Predator, great game btw), or some badass weapon is a mindless fps game haha. Throw some info around. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could write about what you are learning in medical school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happens to the best of us buddy. Just write what comes naturally to you, even if it only concerns having nothing to write about. If you're an interesting enough person that will shine through regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The irony of writing is that inspiration comes when you least seek it. So the fact that you wrote about the lack of inspiration possibly just delayed you more! Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a good question. Like George said, inspiration will kick you in the head when unexpected, and actively searching for it does not yield results most of the time. For now keep it random until you find your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm yeah its tough...
    Come check me out =) alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the eternal problem.
    I usually wait until something ticks me off and then rant about it

    ReplyDelete